ubuntu installation

You can post here general questions about Advene in english.

ubuntu installation

Post by nise81 » Sat May 24, 2008 1:31 pm

First of all: these confirmatuion codes are awfull!! I've some problems to distigish colors (call it color blindness) and don't know if you could imagen how difficult it could be to read that codes. ever heard about accessibility? :shock:

Anyway i tried to install Advene using apt-get but after apdating my source list I found out that the url isn't available anymore.

Also under MacOS I wasn't able to run the app (doesn't it suit for ppc?) but ende up compiling the code which isn't that easy since the VLC development team has changed all their source locations...

Could anyone help me about the first issue (apt-get) pls?
nise81

Re: ubuntu installation

Post by Pierre-Antoine Champin » Mon May 26, 2008 12:54 pm

ever heard about accessibility?

That's a good point. Actually, we didn't develop the forum system, we are using an off-the-shelf solution, but you are right, we should look for an accessibility solution.

Could anyone help me about the first issue (apt-get) pls?

I do not manage to reproduce your problem... the repository URL [1] as well as the package URL [2] both work well for me...
May be you were unlucky and tried on a moment when we were maintaining the repository? Which version of Ubuntu are you using?

Pierre-Antoine

[1] deb http://download.gna.org/advene/debian testing
[2] http://download.gna.org/advene/debian/t ... 30_all.deb
Pierre-Antoine Champin

Re: ubuntu installation

Post by Guest » Wed May 28, 2008 2:28 pm

Hello

I agree with your comment about CAPTCHA, but alas it is the worst solution to the exception of all others. If you know a similar system more accessible and that can easily be integrated into phpBB, please tell me.

If you encounter problems with apt-get, you can anyway download by yourself the .deb package and install it through dpkg. But we will look into the apt repository issue.

The MacOS version is for Intel only for the moment. Now that VLC 0.9.0 is stabilizing (on the bindings side at least), it should be easier to provide an installer for both PPC and i386 architectures, in a couple of weeks.

Regards,
Olivier

Return to English questions